Votes: 1

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
ExMembers 4 YaBB 2.5
Read 1,999 times

Offline Carsten
Administrator

ExMembers 4 YaBB 2.5
08. Jul 2011 at 14:57

This mod let admin replace or remove ex-members posts. Only works for members deleted after the mod is installed.

When a member is deleted the script will add basic info to a 'index' file and make a back-up of the members .rlog file.

In 'AdminCenter - Member Controls' a new 'Ex-members area is added for admin to replace or delete ex-members posts. 'Replace' means that the posts will remain but the content of all the ex-members posts will be replaced with a text: "Deleted by Forum Administrator" (or whatever the name of the admin is). 'Remove' means - well, all the ex-members posts will be totally removed.

This is an early beta! I've tested it in all the ways i could think of - but IMPORTANT: Back up all your data files before playing with the replace/remove features and remember: After replace/remove there will be no way to restore the posts (except from a back-up of course).

ex-member.png

« Last Edit: 30. Jan 2013 at 01:31 by Carsten »  
ExMembers_4_yabb25a.zip   (ExMembers_4_yabb25a.zip | 5 KB | 44 downloads )

Smiley If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.
  WWWGtalkFacebook
IP Logged    

Offline ayjayef

Re: ExMembers 4 YaBB 2.5
Reply #1 - 17. Jul 2011 at 20:51

Excellent!
Thank-you very much for writting a great tool for the "tools" that need a big hammer.

I had to wait till 4am when the backup finished and the site was quiet(ish) and tested it with a few accounts.  The replace and the remove both work perfectly.

IP Logged    

Offline Carsten
Administrator

Reply #2 - 18. Jul 2011 at 17:40

Good news and you are welcome, ayjayef - next interesting point is how it works on a large account like the one you mentioned  Shocked

Smiley If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.
  WWWGtalkFacebook
IP Logged    

Offline ayjayef

Reply #3 - 19. Jul 2011 at 16:37

I'm a little nervious that too many threads will become whacky and unreadable so I have not done the big account yet but have removed a couple with 100+ posts and it worked fine.  Doing those one at a time would have taken days!

IP Logged    

Offline MF-B
YaBB Friend

Reply #4 - 28. Nov 2011 at 09:34

Good idea!
Thank for the mod! Smiley

IP Logged    

Offline Carsten
Administrator

Reply #5 - 28. Nov 2011 at 17:27

Quote - MF-B wrote on 28. Nov 2011 at 09:34
Good idea!
Thank for the mod! Smiley

You are welcome...
Good to see you here Boris Smiley

WWWGtalkFacebook
IP Logged    

Offline MF-B
YaBB Friend

Reply #6 - 30. Nov 2011 at 11:47

Quote - Carsten wrote on 28. Nov 2011 at 17:27
Good to see you here Boris Smiley

Thank! Cheesy

IP Logged    

Offline Greydane
YaBB Friend

Reply #7 - 29. Jan 2013 at 20:40

Hi Carsten:
  I really like the idea of this Mod. I realize it is for Yabb 2.5, but, I decided to give it a try for our 2.4 Yabb Forum.  The Mod installed no problem with Boardmod; however, I get this error (see Attachment)  when I select the new "Ex-members Area" in the AdminCenter.  I have double checked and all files are where they are suppose to be and permissions are correct.  Is there a quick work around for this or am I out of luck.  Also attached are the mods installed List1 and 2.

Thanks Again
Bruce Hall

« Last Edit: 29. Jan 2013 at 20:47 by Greydane »  

Capture_001.JPG (87 KB | 50 )
Capture_001.JPG

IP Logged    

Offline Derek Barnstorm
Mod Writer, Mod Reviewer

Reply #8 - 29. Jan 2013 at 22:12

That's just saying that it can't find ExMembers.pl in the Admin directory - make sure that you've uploaded it there...

No rest for the wicked Carsten.
Demo my Mods for YaBB 2.5

IP Logged    

Offline Greydane
YaBB Friend

Reply #9 - 30. Jan 2013 at 00:37

Hi Derek:
That's what I thought also Derek; however, ExMembers.pl was definitely in the Admin Directory.  While writng this email you gave me a thought Derek, one of the few I get. Grin  I just checked and the spelling in the cgi-bin dir mod is Exmembers, not ExMembers as in the error.  Will give it another try.

That's it.  The download Mod from Carsten's site has the file named Exmembers.pl in the cgi-bin.  It's amazing, I must of looked at that filename 20 times and it wasn't untill you typed it out "ExMembers", that I thought it looked different and checked it again.

Thanks Derek.  I really appreciate it.  Everything's working great.

Bruce 

« Last Edit: 30. Jan 2013 at 01:16 by Greydane »  

IP Logged    

Offline Carsten
Administrator

Reply #10 - 30. Jan 2013 at 01:35

Fixed a 'system' specific bug in the names of the mod .pl and .lng files as reported by 'Greydane' - new zip attached in first post - thanks for info Bruce.

WWWGtalkFacebook
IP Logged    

Offline Batchman
Mod Reviewer, Mod Writer

Reply #11 - 31. Jan 2013 at 02:04

Wait a minute ... this mod has been around since mid-2011?!?

Somehow I missed ever seeing it!

What a great mod for removing all the spam posts of a spammer! Will have to get this one installed!

IP Logged    

Offline Derek Barnstorm
Mod Writer, Mod Reviewer

Reply #12 - 31. Jan 2013 at 02:21

I have to admit that this is one mod that I haven't installed either - I don't know why, I might have been busy with mundane life stuff at the time.

No rest for the wicked Carsten.
Demo my Mods for YaBB 2.5

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Previous Topic - Collapsible Showcase Poll 4 YaBB 2.5 [ajax]Next Topic - Add Moderators  
Carsten's YaBB Mod Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.